Thursday, February 28, 2008

HORTON on the big screen...



Oh boy, another Dr.Seuss movie.

Needless to say, I hated the Cat in the Hat movie and I would dare to guess that Dr.S himself was rolling over in his grave over that atrocity but I'm (I mean, Bailee's) super excited for this one! They should watch out though, I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of pint-sized critics in the audience because the book sets a high standard, to say the least. A favorite in our house.
Okay, here's a cool site-- call the number if you've done something nice today-- come on "kids"!
Seussville
My favorite part so far is you can write your own story-- my, how fun!

Horton Hears a Who
Of course this site is all about getting you to shell out the big bucks, but it also does a fine job of introducing you to the crazy characters, provides tools to make some pretty wacky pictures, and play some fun yet lacking originality, (imagine cat in the hat meets pac man) games. Enjoy!

Okay, okay- I'm excited too! WHOA, 2 weeks and 1 day and it will be here (3/14) in our very own OVER-PRICED Warren theaters (ticket increase), maybe we'll hit a matinee or go on a weekday (can we say coupons?)-- better get to practicing my mantra, okay Horton's mantra:
"A person's a person no matter how small..."

I do have to say, it looks pretty cute and of course there is always a lesson to be learned from the beloved Dr.Seuss-- Respect life, no matter how insignificant you deem it.

No comments: